- Updated perpetual license message and link
- Expired perpetual license fix
- Duration, Start, and Finish column fix
- Load More Views regardless of preferences setting fix
- Update expired Comodo signature
- Late Start and Late Finish column visibility fix
- Project 2016/2010 read fix
- License check fix
- Multi-monitor sizing fix
- Annotations fix
- Memory allocation fix
Project read fix
- OSX Installer Fix
- Subproject file read fix
- Usability enhancements
- EZ License framework update
- Activation framework updates
- UI Enhancements
- Web address linkage bug fix
- Windows 10 compatibility fix
- Import framework updates
- Mac bug fix
- Msi installer update
- UI bug fix
- Added activation framework
- Bug fix on Project 2016 files
- Fixed task update functionality
- Fixed filtering issue for Steelray Project Analyzer
- Fixed notes issue
- Updated digital signature
- Fix ArrayOutOfBoundsException occurring in Project 2013 with some custom views
- Fix for showing correct start and finish dates in Project 2013 files
- Fix to display white background instead of incorrect black background
- Added support for Primavera XER files
- Fix for throwing exception upon not finding default calendar
- Various bug fixes
- Fix for displaying custom WBS
- Fix for UN/CEFACT files not supplying Start, Finish or UniqueId's
- Fix for displaying subprojects within subprojects
- Fix for detecting correct type for work, material, cost in Project 2013
- Fix for not detecting milestones correctly in MS Project 2013
- Fix for not displaying resources correctly in MS Project 2013
- Support for Font Substitution in Windows
- Fix for some network paths recognized as invalid
- Added support for Steelray classic version in the install
- Bug:Enterprise custom column was renaming finish
- Fixed MPXJ Error within 2013 MS Project.Calendar was set to null
- Fixed Out of Memory error upon reading Project 2013 file
- Fixed reading Predecessors in Project 2010 and 2013
- Fixed bug displaying correct foreground text color in Gantt
- Fixed bug of rare exception within Project 2010 data
- Fixed bug where text overlay artifacts were displayed in Gantt table
- Created shortcut in install (.msi) to execute classic version
- Added command line option -k [LicenseKey]
- Fixed bug where UNCEFACT XML parsing was failing
- Fixed bug where multiple navigation elements were added
- Fixed bug where repeated action incorrectly created same navigation elements
- Maximize button tooltip reports "Restore Down" when applicable
- Fixed bug where no name tasks were not visible for old .mpp
- Fix for detecting "standard" calendar
- Added support for locating subprojects in subfolders
- Fix for sometimes not able to obtain application folder in Windows 7
- Fixes rare issue in acquiring correct Unique Id's
- Code-sign Installer for Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Fix to use APPDATA environment variable when applicable
- Fix for disabling help menu items
- Support for additional UN/CEFACT fields
- Support for latest UN/CEFACT D09B released by PARCA 8/20/12
- Support for MS Project 2013
- In Excel processing fixed bug where getting wrong number of columns when a column value was null
- Support for shading calendar exceptions
- Fixed bug where not filtering properly with blank lines in project
- Fixed filter highlight focus
- Fixed filter help
- Fixed some navigation issues
- Display Ghost tasks
- Fixed multiple filter selection
- Mac OSX German version now displays menu bar
- Fix in calculating critical path
- Fix in displaying custom outline codes
- Fixed filter for critical path type
- Blank line support
- Filter has option to highlight tasks
- Filter fields updating properly with backward and forward navigation
- Language support for new interface
- UN/CEFACT support
- Bug fix where filter tab was on views other than Gantt Chart
- Major release for new user interface
- Bug fix for failure of reading some XML files
- Bug fix for failure of reading preference data
- Upgrade to java 1.6.0_27
- Bug fix for update task content moving down per entry
- Bug fix for possible hang when no non-working days in project
- Remove Steelray protected file in file associations
- Support for calendar exceptions
- Optimizations for large project files
- Additional support for MS 2007 file formats
- Support for text use in duration and base duration fields
- Fix for unable to open browser on some Windows 7 deployments
- Fix for wrong start dates in some 2010 project files
- Fix for not able to open some Project 2010 files
- Fix incorrect id numbers in some 2007 project files
- Fix for showing incorrect finish date in some project files
- Fix in filtering resource groups
- Fix for not throwing exception for unsupported MS Project 2010 fields
- Additional fixes and support for MPX files
- Fixes for Project 2010 support
- Add support for MS 2010 contour type of CONTOURED
- Fixed task usage zoom in
- Fixed a rarely occurring bug in the Task Usage View
- Fixed a problem where the license key was not being stored
- Improved support for opening MPP files
- Fixes for Windows 7 support
- Project 2010 Support
- Full Support for Windows 7 (including 64-bit)
- New Print Preview makes printing charts easy!
- New Print Preview makes printing charts easy!
- Fixes to problems opening subprojects.
- Fix to "failed to get the module path" problem.
- Hyperlinks with spaces in the file name were not launching properly.
- Fix to Hyperlinks.
- Fix to Help system.
- Fix to silent installations (license key location on Windows)
- Fix to the Mac installer.
- The installer now supports embedded license copy into All Users folder for Windows.
- Preferences conversion issue caused Gantt grid to be hidden on first run after conversion.
- Preferences were not saved in the recommended folder in Windows Vista.
- Gantt Chart not displaying columns when 'Display MS Project' preference set to false.
- Embedded License Key support for MSI installer.When a license.dat exists in the
same directory as the msi installer, that key will be copied to the
'All Users/Application Data' folder for Windows XP or Vista so that multiple users
can use the same key. This eases EasyLicense(tm) roll-out by allowing the msi to be
run with the /QUIET option, automatically installing the viewer as part of a larger
machine configuration script.
- Fix to the Mac installer.
- Fix to the Linux installer.
- Better support for hyperlinks.
- Refresh artifacts displayed on Gantt chart when viewer first launched.
- Fix to Task Usage grid.
- Set launcher memory levels to: Standard 256MB max, Larger Files 1024GB max, Limited Memory Machines 128MB max.
- Grid display columns and widths are restored to defaults when value is blank in preferences file.
- Log entry is created when preferences file cannot be created or cannot be written.
- msi installer memory requirement reduced to 468k.
- Fix for saving of new preferences file.
- Converts old preferences file and move license.dat to new location on Windows.
- A new launcher for machines with limited memory.
- FIX: New version of MPXJ, which fixes a number of issues related to the project file format.
- FIX: Fix for Gantt chart printing.
- FIX: Scrolling is now twice as fast for large files.
- FIX: Fix for drawing of dependency arrows on split tasks.
- FEATURE: The international date format (YYYY-MM-DD) is now offered.
- FIX: Opening a subproject file that resides in the parent's folder should now open with no File Dialog prompt, regardless
of the path of the last file opened.
- FIX: In Steelray for Excel files, SPV should display the critical field as its entered in the XLS file.
- FIX: In Steelray for Excel files, SPV should display resources as they are entered in the XLS file.
- FIX: Navigation should now work after entering a search term and clicking "View in Gantt".
- FIX: One cause for an "Out of Memory Error" has been fixed.
- FIX: Computers with 256 MB of RAM or less should no longer see the splash screen briefly appear with no program launch.
Computers with more RAM were unaffected by this bug.
- FIX: Weekend shading should now appear in Print Preview and printed pages.
- FIX: One cause for an "An error has occurred while opening the file" error message has been fixed.
- FIX: One cause for an "An MPX error has occurred" error message has been fixed.
- FIX: Aliases for Enterprise Columns should no longer cause an MPP file to show an error message upon opening.
- FIX: Fixed an issue where the Gantt Chart would not draw properly in small files while scrolling slowly vertically.
- FIX: Opening a subproject file in the parent's folder should now happen automatically after opening
a subproject file in another folder.
- FIX: Opening Steelray for Excel files should no longer cause an error.
- CHANGE: Scrolling horizontally in the Gantt Chart is much faster.
- FIX: When using filters, navigation should now work.
- FIX: In the Gantt Chart, the vertical red line that draws 'today' should now be visible from top to bottom.
- FIX: SPV will now correctly open a subproject file that is not located in the same folder as the parent file.
- FEATURE: The Task Detail View now has options (in the View menu) for the data in the tables:Predecessors, Successors, or Critical Predecessors.
- FEATURE: SPV now supports sending Task Update e-mails through mail servers that require Authentication.
- CHANGE: SPV now has just one standard EXE which should open large files on systems with enough available RAM.
- CHANGE: SPV now displays Gantt Chart views as saved by Project by default.
- CHANGE: The currently selected view is now indicated in the View Toolbar by bold text.
- FIX: Expanding a subproject task should no longer cause a delay before opening the file.
- FIX: Filtering now works on all subproject files.
- FIX: The weekend day indicator (gray shading) should now appear on the whole Gantt Chart.
- FIX: In rare cases, summary tasks would not expand to show their child tasks.This has been fixed.
- FIX: In very rare cases, the Cost for a summary task could be incorrect.This has been fixed.
- FEATURE: SPV now more closely matches each operating system's look and feel.
- FEATURE: SPV has an enhanced File Open dialog in Windows.
- FEATURE: SPV now supports custom Baseline columns.
- CHANGE: SPV now uses the Java 6 JRE.This should resolve some display issues, as well as fix any errors with
- CHANGE: SPV has a new splash screen.
- CHANGE: When selecting "Display Saved Gantt Chart" in Preferences, the user is now prompted to reload the current
file to see the changes.
- FIX: File opening times have been improved for large files.
- FIX: Scrolling speed in the Gantt Chart has been significantly improved for large files.
- FIX: The Timeline View should now display dates in the desired format.
- FIX: Clicking Expand All or Collapse All should now update the Gantt Chart correctly.
- FIX: Scrolling the View Toolbar now refreshes the toolbar correctly.
- FIX: In some cases, tasks that were subprojects would not expand when the expand symbol was clicked.This has
- FIX: In very rare cases, the Gantt Chart View was not listed in the View Toolbar.This has been fixed.
- FEATURE: The Timeline View has been implemented.
- FIX: In some cases, the Gantt bars were displaying the incorrect color.This has been fixed.
- FIX: Files with no tasks will no longer cause an unknown error.
- FIX: In extremely rare cases, Project 2007 MPP files displayed the Task ID incorrectly.This has been fixed.
- FIX: In Project 2007 files, some subproject files did not show up as subprojects in the Gantt Chart view.
This has been fixed.
- CHANGE: Help has been update to include the Timeline View.
- FEATURE: User-defined text filters are now available for text columns in the Gantt Chart.
- FIX: Predecessor arrows should now point to the start of bars in the Gantt Chart for split tasks.
- FIX: Working time for Resources could be calculated incorrectly due to faulty Calendar Exceptions in the MPP file.
This has been fixed.
- FIX: Unicode Characters should now display properly no matter which font was specified in the MPP file.
- FIX: An Out of Memory Error has been fixed.
- FIX: The critical path should now display correctly in the Tracking Gantt view.
- FIX: The left-side view bar should now display correctly after opening files.
- FIX: Some MPP files with subproject links were not showing the subproject tasks as linked files.This has been fixed.
- FIX: In rare instances, Resources could show Work as zero hours when more than zero was assigned to the Resource.
This has been fixed.
- FIX: The View pane is now a constant size.
- FIX: Added options to create Desktop and Quick Launch links to the installer.
- FEATURE: SPV now supports Annotations for individual tasks.These are like Notes, but are stored locally
on the SPV user's computer, and do not require modifying the MPP file.Right-click on a task in the Gantt Chart to
add an Annotation to that task.
- FIX: In certain cases, the progress bar of a split task could indicate less than 100% completion when, in fact, the
task was 100% complete.This has been fixed.
- FIX: SPV now matches task bar colors more closely.
- FIX: Some files printed one or two tasks less per page than indicated.This has been fixed.
- FIX: Some Project 2007 files caused SPV to "hang" while opening the file.This has been fixed.
- FIX: Fixed an issue where an incorrect Finish Date on split tasks could be displayed.
- FIX: In rare cases, not all Resources were displayed.This has been fixed.
- FIX: Margins in Page Setup were sometimes displaying more decimal places than normal.This has been fixed.
- FIX: Some subproject file tasks weren't expandable.This has been fixed.
- FEATURE: SPV now reads Resource Pool files.
- FEATURE: SPV now displays bar text in the Gantt Chart above, below, right of, left of, and in the middle of, bars
if "Display Saved Gantt Chart" is checked.
- CHANGE: Gantt Task Bars have a new look.
- CHANGE: Added "Filter By:" on filter bar to clarify the purpose of the filter bar.
- FIX: Column Aliases should display correctly now.
- FIX: SPV now reads Steelray for Excel files correctly if there is only a space in the Resource Name (no other text).
- FIX: Subproject file tasks no longer expand upon the opening of another subproject file.
- FIX: The "In Progress Today" filter now works as designed.
- FIX: Scroll Bars should now appear on the Task Sheet View.
- FIX: Page numbers now print correctly.
- FIX: Some Help files have been updated.
- FIX: Update to the EXE installer (MSI installer is unaffected - use 3.2.2).
- FIX: Double-clicking a file could cause SPV to prompt for the license key on every launch on Win NT computers.
This has been fixed.
- FEATURE: All supported languages (German, French, and Spanish) are now up to date.
- CHANGE: An officially supported MSI is available.
- FIX: Subprojects should now load properly.
- FEATURE: Linked files (subprojects) can now be loaded dynamically (all do not have to be present,
and each can be opened individually).
- FIX: Files containing thousands of text styles (colored or formatted text in the Gantt Chart)
should now display all styles.
- FIX: Blank lines should no longer cause tasks to not display.
- FIX: Foreign languages (Chinese and Japanese, in particular) were not displaying correctly in
some views.This has been fixed.
- FIX: When using silent install, the license file should now get installed to the correct location.
- FIX: In some cases, the installer was displaying an error message and exiting.This has been fixed.
- FIX: Some MPP files with Split Tasks were causing errors upon opening.This has been fixed.
- FIX: Users should no longer have to enter their license key when double-clicking a project file.
- FIX: The As Late As Possible constraint type indicated incorrect start and finish dates in some cases.
This has been fixed.
- FIX: Applying a formatted text style to a column that isn't displayed in the Gantt Chart
no longer causes an error on file opening.
- FIX: Some MPP files had duplicate Split Task information, which caused splits to display incorrectly.
This has been fixed.
- FIX: Rows with text styles applied weren't being applied properly (columns and individual
cells were displaying correctly).This has been fixed.
- FIX: Tasks with a percent complete of zero no longer display a minimal progress bar.
- CHANGE: The installer now associates ".spv" files (SPP enabled) to SPV.
- FIX: An invalid license key could cause SPV to lock up on startup.This has been fixed.
- FIX: Entering an SPP license key no longer requires the user to restart SPV to open an ".spv" file.
- FIX: Formatted (colored) text and bars in the Gantt Chart should display correctly now.
- FIX: The Network Diagram should display its nodes correctly now.
- FIX: Files created with the Steelray for Excel template should open correctly in SPV now.
- FIX: Certain types of subproject files were causing an error if more than one file was linked to the master file.This has been fixed.
- FEATURE: Further support for Steelray Project Protector has been added.
- FIX: Category links in the Search Results Pane should function normally now.
- FIX: Date Detail tasks should be correct in all tabs now.
- FIX: Most large files should load significantly faster.
- FIX: Displaying the Preferences dialog with no file open no longer causes an error.
- FIX: On certain paper sizes, the print preview dialog was too small.
- FIX: Some subprojects files were causing an error when opening.This has been fixed.
- FIX: Fix for some license keys.
- FEATURE: Initial support for Steelray Project Protector implemented.
- FIX: Files with many Split Tasks should see an improvement in file opening times.
- FIX: The "Complete" and "Incomplete" filters are working correctly again.
- FIX: Filtering by Resource, then clicking in the Gantt Chart Table no longer causes the
filter to be overridden.
- FIX: Ending a resource's base calendar "To" time at midnight no longer causes an error.
- FIX: Predecessor values in XLS files are now correct.
- FIX: Percent complete values in XLS files are now correct.
- FIX: In files without defined views (Project 98 files in particular),
progress bars for critical tasks now have the correct offset.
- FIX: Fixed one cause for the error message: "An error occurred while opening the project file."
- FIX: Colors and heights for Gantt Bars should be more accurate now.
- FIX: The Gantt Chart should load faster now.
- FIX: Minor installer fix.
- FEATURE: Added a "View in Gantt" link to Search Results for Tasks.
- FEATURE: Added command-line ability to convert an MPP to XML (Windows and Linux only).
- CHANGE: Resources in the Resource Filter are now sorted alphabetically.
- FIX: When a task was 'Fixed Duration" and a resource was assigned to the task at less than 100%,
the Resource Usage Chart was displaying incorrect values.The values are correct now.
- FIX: Fixed a bug where filtering on a Resource Group caused extra tasks to display.
- FIX: Fixed a rarely-occurring bug where the planned start or finish date could be incorrect.
- FIX: The critical path calculation has been optimized.
- FIX: Improved MPP file opening speed, especially for large files.
- FIX: Saving to XML now includes critical path information and the correct outline numbers.
- FEATURE: Added the ability to Filter by Resource Group
- FIX: The Successors field was blank in some cases and causing an error in other cases.
- FIX: The Successors field now reports IDs, not Unique IDs
- FIX: The Critical Path algorithm is slightly improved.
- FEATURE: Steelray Project Viewer now supports Project 2007 MPP files.
- FEATURE: The Steelray Outlook Plugin for Task Updates is available.See Steelray Outlook Plugin for more information.
- CHANGE: Steelray Project Viewer now uses the Java 5 JRE (previously 1.4.2).
- CHANGE: Installing on Linux no longer requires root access.
- FIX: Fixed some file opening errors.
- FIX: The Steelray installer periodically caused an error on Mac and Linux.The Windows installer wasn't affected.
- FEATURE: Added Spanish as a supported language.
- FEATURE: German and French are now up to date.
- FIX: Fixed some display issues in the Preferences Dialog.
- FIX: Fixed some display issues on OS X and Linux in the Task Update tab.
- FIX: Steelray now handles Hyperlinks that just contain the text "http://".
- FEATURE: Task Update is now available (see Help for instructions).
- CHANGE: Steelray Help has been brought up to date.
- FIX: Steelray can now read in XLS files that contain blank columns in between valid columns.
- FIX: After installing with the Steelray MSI on Windows XP, a user can now view help.Other operating systems were unaffected.
- FIX: Modified export so all dates (Actual, Baseline, custom dates, etc...) will export using the date format in Preferences.Previously only Start and Finish were supported.
- FIX: Some Project 98 files were erroneously reporting no tasks present.This has been fixed.
- FIX: Some linked files could not be opened correctly.This has been fixed.
- FIX: Users will no longer see that a new version is available when the user has the latest version.
- FIX: After installing with the Steelray MSI, a user can now view help after opening an MPP file by double-clicking on the file.
- FEATURE: Added 'Total Slack' and 'Marked' columns to Gantt Chart View
- FEATURE: Added 'Milestone' and 'Critical' columns for Steelray Excel Template.
- CHANGE: Added explanatory text to the Help tab of the Steelray for Excel Template
- CHANGE: Improved Network Diagram's speed dramatically.
- FIX: In rare cases, the OK, Preview, and Print buttons weren't active on the Page Setup Dialog.This has been fixed.
- FIX: Steelray was reporting no tasks for a particular file, even though this was not the case.This has been fixed.
- FIX: Steelray was showing no Predecessors in a particular file, even though this was not the case.This has been fixed.
- FIX: Disabled print options when in the Search Results View.
- FIX: Some files were causing Network Diagram to hang.This has been fixed.
- FIX: Some custom calendars caused an error when opening an MPP file.
- FIX: The Date Range wouldn't reset when refreshing the filter bar.
- FIX: 24 hour calendar was causing a bug in split tasks.
- FIX: Some views were stored improperly in MPP files which caused files to open with an MPX error.A workaround has been implemented.
- FIX: When opening XLS files, Steelray now opens files correctly with Predecessors listed after their Successors.
- FIX: In rare cases, installation caused an error: NumberFormatException.This has been fixed by Install4J.
- FIX: Some tasks were being displayed as split tasks when there was no split defined.This has been fixed.
- FIX: Some XLS files were causing an error when opened.This has been fixed.
- FIX: XML files can now be saved normally.
- FEATURE: The user can now select any view from the View menu.
- FEATURE: Task Sheet View is available (select this view from the View Menu).
- FIX: 'Save as XML' and opening valid XML files should work in all cases now.
- FIX: Some XLS files were causing an error when opened.This has been fixed.
- FIX: Split tasks were occasionally giving an incorrect date for the end of the task.This has been fixed.
- FIX: Unique ID now matches ID when viewing Steelray for Excel files.
- FEATURE: Split Tasks are now supported.
- CHANGE: Gantt Chart now displays a longer time period for all scales.
- FIX: Gantt Chart Header should now display the correct month in all cases in Quarterly and Yearly scales (other scales were already correct).
- FIX: Changes in OS X caused some Mac behaviors to be "lost".Steelray now displays the Application Menu in the top bar and uses the Finder style file-open dialog.
- FIX: Tracking Gantt now refreshes its Resource and Level Filters correctly.
- FIX: Predecessors were occasionally incorrect when exporting to CSV or HTML.Predecessors are now correct.
- FIX: MPP files were not opening when there was no Document Summary Information.This has been fixed.
- FIX: Certain XML files were causing an error and not opening as a result.This error has been fixed.
- FIX: Some MPP files caused the Gantt Task Bars to display in black.The bars now display in the correct color.
- FIX: MPP files without a defined Standard Base Calendar assigned were not opening.The file will now open using the Standard Base Calendar.
- FIX: When Ctrl-clicking in the Gantt chart, the popup menu was occasionally not clickable.This has been fixed.
- FEATURE: Added "Expand All" and "Collapse All" functionality for Gantt and Tracking Gantt Views.
- CHANGE: Estimated Tasks now have a question mark following their Duration.
- CHANGE: Closing the Enter License Key Dialog no longer reopens the current MPP file.
- FIX: Fixed a synchronization problem when using the Back button in navigation.
- FIX: Further improvements to critical path calculation.
- FIX: Fixed an Out of Memory issue when opening large files.
- FEATURE: Baseline bars are now supported in the Tracking Gantt View.
- FEATURE: Marked Tasks are now supported in all Project MPP files (were previously supported in in Project 98 and XML files).Used for Text formatting only ('Marked' column is not selectable in Gantt Table).
- FIX: Formatted notes now display in plain text (was displaying formatting markup text).
- FIX: In very rare cases, a corrupted Font entry caused the MPP file to not open correctly.This has been fixed.
- FIX: When read from the Steelray Excel Template, text in custom columns will no longer repeat if the same field in the following row is blank.
- FEATURE: Network Diagram View has had many feature enhancements.
- FEATURE: Gantt Bar Styles implemented.
- FEATURE: Able to save as Microsoft Project XML files.
- FEATURE: Many Date Formats added.Can be selected in the Preferences Dialog.
- FIX: Some tasks in subproject files were not appearing in Steelray.This has been corrected.
- FIX: The Predecessors in the Gantt Table were sometimes displaying incorrect values.This no longer happens.
- FIX: Notes now display properly when the source file was an Excel Template.
- FIX: Occasionally when a cell in the Gantt Table had a font color specified, the entire row was drawn with that color.This no longer happens.
- FIX: In Preferences Dialog, the check box for displaying Gantt Columns will now update properly.
- FIX: Some columns that were hidden in Project (in MPP files only) were displaying as very narrow-width columns.This no longer happens.
- FIX: Fixed opening of Microsoft Project XML files.
- FIX: Summary Tasks from XLS files now display in bold.
- FIX: Task Name cells will now render indentation and expand/collapse icons if the Task Name column name has been changed.
- FIX: MPP Files with deleted subprojects will now open correctly.
- FIX: Some XLS files derived from the Steelray Template were causing an error when opening.
- FIX: Critical Path was sometimes not calculated correctly.
- FIX: Extra white space removed from Network Diagram View.
- FIX: Network Diagram View should be more responsive now.
- FEATURE: Network Diagram View has been added.
- FEATURE: Resource Graph View has been added.
- FEATURE: Styled text (colored, bold, etc...) is now supported in the Gantt Chart and Tracking Gantt Chart.
- FEATURE: The date now appears beside milestone tasks in the Gantt Chart and Tracking Gantt Chart.
- FEATURE: Embedded links to files in the Notes field now appear in the Notes tab of the TaskDetailView.
- CHANGE: All View buttons are now disabled until a file has been opened.
- CHANGE: Subproject files will now open if they reside in the same folder as the parent file.
- CHANGE: When selecting a Date Range from the Gantt Filter, the Gantt Chart will be truncated to fit the range.Previously only the Gantt Table was affected.
- FIX: In Print Preview and on printouts, Page Number is no longer partially obscured.
- FIX: When selecting a task in Navigation Mode in the Gantt Chart, the task will now remain selected when the detail view is opened.
- FIX: Durations of zero were displaying as "0d" in Usage Views when nothing should have been displayed.
- FIX: Subprojects now have an indicator in the Indicators column of the Gantt View.
- FIX: Error message is now correct when an MPP file is in a format that Steelray cannot read.
- FIX: Clicking a file in a Hyperlink field will now open the file correctly.URLs were not affected.
- FIX: Blank columns in XLS files no longer cause an error.
- FIX: Priority should display correctly now.
- FIX: Several file opening fixes.Some files caused an error, and others appeared to "hang" Steelray.
- FIX: Some large files (10 MB+) should see a drastic improvement in load times.
- FIX: Subproject files not found were causing the wrong error message to appear.
- FEATURE: Subprojects and Resource Pools in MPP files are now supported. - FIX: In some cases, summary and child Tasks in the Gantt Chart view were not indenting properly.
- FIX: Tracking Gantt View sometimes hung upon viewing (different issue than the 2.3.1 fix).
- FIX: Task Detail View was occasionally displaying data in the Resource Table when no Resource was assigned to the Task.
- FIX: Tracking Gantt View was sometimes displaying incorrect durations.
- FIX: Enhanced memory management regarding files.Steelray will now consume much less memory than before.
- FIX: Further compatibility improvements opening MPP files.
- UPDATE: Help files were brought completely up to date.
- FIX: A problem with Tracking Gantt that caused the application to freeze in rare instances was fixed. - FIX: Some files that could not be opened ("MPX Error opening file") can now be opened with this release.
- FIX: Blank data was causing a problem in the Excel Template.
- FEATURE: Tracking Gantt view is now supported.
- FEATURE:Viewing the Gantt Chart columns as they are displayed in MS Project is now supported.
- FEATURE:Indicators column is now supported.
- FEATURE:Filters on Custom Text fields (Text 1-30) are now supported.
- FEATURE:Critical Path is now supported.
- FEATURE:Hyperlink fields are now supported.
- FEATURE:Successors are now supported.
- FIX:Tasks will collapse and expand correctly regardless of the order in which the columns are displayed.
- CHANGE:Error messages are now more descriptive when encountering files with invalid formats.
- CHANGE:Custom Number fields (Number 1-20) are now rounded to two decimal places.
- FIX: In rare instances, opening a file caused an error message.
- FIX: When opening Excel files, tasks with no predecessors could display the predecessors of another task.
- FEATURE: A search engine has been integrated into Steelray.Tasks, Resources, and dates can be searched from a search box on the toolbar.
- FEATURE: Steelray can now open XML files created with Microsoft Project.
- FEATURE: Steelray is now compatible with Java 1.5 JRE.
- CHANGE:All icons have been updated.
- FIX: In very rare instances, a finish date was being reported as earlier than the start date.This has been fixed.
- FIX: In printing and print preview, it was possible for the data to cut off part of the page number.This has been fixed.
- FIX:Start and End date of the project was incorrect in rare instances.This has been fixed.
- Support for opening Microsoft Excel files.
- Fixes to printing on large format paper. - Fixes to durations when default hours per day was not 8.
- Fixes to Resource Usage and Task Usage views for fixed work tasks.
- Improved performance of Task Usage view.
- New update installer for smaller downloads.
- Fixes to filter bar
- Fix for Apple-Q (exit application) support on Mac.
- Fix to error opening certain .mpp files.
- Fixes to Resource Usage view, Preferences, French translation on the Mac, and hiding columns in Gantt.
- FEATURE: Back and Forward buttons "remember" which filters were set when navigating.
- FEATURE: Control-clicking acts as a right-click on all platforms.
- FEATURE: Increased capacity for opening very large MPP files (10+ MB).
- CHANGE: User can no longer remove the last visible column if it is the only column.
- CHANGE: Mac now uses the column-style File Open dialog.
- FIX: Updated installer includes fix for "No JRE" error.
- FIX: Adjusted A, B, and C paper sizes in paper.xml.
- FIX: Opening an MPP file outside of Steelray (from an email attachment or by double-clicking the file) now works correctly on the Mac.
- FIX: Mac version now uses Mac shortcut keys.
- FIX: Right-clicking in the Gantt Table on Mac and Linux now correctly brings up a popup menu for inserting or removing columns.
- FIX: Notes column can now be displayed in the Gantt View
- FIX: Splash screen has been changed to a non-OS-specific image.
- FIX: Custom field headers are now correctly displayed with the proper name in all cases.
- FEATURE: Added navigation features.
Click on any task name, date, or resource Name for a more
detailed view.View task notes in their entirety in the task
- CHANGE: Changed tooltips to display for 60 seconds.
Long notes are now easier to read.
- FEATURE:Added browser-type Forward and Back buttons.
Stores up to 10 views in the chain.
- FEATURE: Added ability to display the Deadline column in Gantt View.
- FEATURE: Application now saves the widths of each column when set
by the user.
- FIX: Notifies the user when a file has no tasks instead of reporting
- FIX: File Open dialog can never be hidden behind the main window.
- FIX: New version of installer (fixes several problems).
- FIX: Help menu items now work when a file isn't open.
- FIX: Deleted Resources are no longer displaying in the Resource Sheet and Resource Usage Views.
- FIX: Files with only one task are now being read correctly.
- FIX: Non-English language view buttons are now localized.
- FIX: The abbreviation for 'Quarter' is now correct in French.
- FIX: No longer prints blank pages when printing "left side only".
- Updated for French.
- New support for German.
- A red line is drawn representing "today" in Gantt charts.
- Task names can displayed to the right of Gantt bars
(in addition to resources and percentage complete).
- Support for upgrade license keys.
- FIX: aliased fields were not showing up in the Gantt table header.
- FIX: help menu items did not work when a file wasn't open.
- new version of installer which fixed some minor problems.
- FEATURE: Added Resource Sheet View.
- FEATURE: Added Resource Usage View.
- FEATURE: Added Task Usage View.
- FEATURE: Added Calendar View.
- FEATURE: Tooltips now wrap, so the Notes column is much easier to read.
- FIX: Non-standard characters now display correctly in the File Open Dialog.
- FIX: Values in the Predecessor field now display correctly.
- FEATURE: Custom field headers are displayed with the proper name. Example: if the Text1 field was renamed to "Owner", Steelray will display "Owner" in the column header for Text1.
- FEATURE: Steelray now has full support for non-English languages, with French being the first additional language supported. Look for support for other languages soon.
- FEATURE: Steelray is now supported in a Citrix MetaFrame environment. User access must be authenticated (not anonymous).
- FEATURE: Steelray may now be run from a server. To run Steelray simultaneously, each user running Steelray must be logged in with a different user name.
Version 220.127.116.11 This is not a critical update; it includes some "maintenance" improvements.
- FEATURE: New and improved installer: improves handling of file associations, and offers choices of desktop icons and Quick Launch icons. Decreased size of download as well. - FIX: Fixed problems that prohibited certain kinds of project files from being opened.
- FEATURE: Insert / hide columns in Gantt grid.Almost all Task fields are available.
- FEATURE: Move columns to rearrange the order in which they are displayed.
- FEATURE: Steelray will remember the columns and order that you have displayed.
- FEATURE: Added "Paste Key" button to License Key dialog.
- FEATURE: Added Recently Opened File list in the File menu.
- FEATURE: Added In-Application Help System
- FEATURE: Added better support for non-English languages
- FEATURE: Added access to help file and Uninstall from the Program Start menu.
- FIX: Installation adds shortcuts for All users, not just current user
- FIX: Fixed problems that prohibited certain kinds of project files from being opened.
- FEATURE: Print Preview. Now you can change the print preferences and instantly see the effect of those changes. This was one of the most requested features.
- FEATURE: Tooltips added to Task Name and Resources columns in Gantt Table. Leave the mouse pointer cursor over a cell, and the entire contents of the cell will be displayed.
- FEATURE: Dividers (grid lines) (Day/Month/etc...) added to Gantt chart as in Project.
- FEATURE: Added Copy to Clipboard functionality (added selectable cells and Select All option for this).
- FEATURE: Weekend days in Gantt Chart are shaded as in Project.
- CHANGE: Summary Tasks now remain visible when at least one of its children is visible.
- CHANGE: Changed the way filters and expand/contract interact to be more intuitive.
- CHANGE: Changed "Print left column of pages" in preferences to "Print Table Only." Changed default to print the Gantt table and chart.
- FIX: Minor display issues with gantt header fixed.
- The duration and "percent complete" table headers were transposed, and we fixed the problem.
- Massive performance improvements! Expand/Contract summary tasks. Minor bug fixes.
- This is an unscheduled interim release that fixes a bug ("MPX error" when opening project file). Version 1.4 (performance improvements) is due to be released on 21-May.
- Minor fixes to license key code and installer.
- Improved Printing, more Gantt Zoom levels, support for Project 98, and much more.
- A fix to CSV and HTML export is included in this release.
- Customized views are now supported. A Monthly timeline was added to the Gantt chart. The task ID field is now displayed. Gantt prints on larger paper sizes correctly. Improved the way durations are displayed.
- An icon for Steelray is added to the desktop.
- This version fixes a Gantt timeline printing problem.
- This version fixes a Gantt chart printing problem.
- Gantt is here! Steelray Project Viewer will "remember" your settings, too. Download it from: www.steelray.com/download.php
- No changes in functionality, but the installer was fixed so .mpp files are associated with Steelray.
- Support for Linux was added, and the application will now launch much faster.
- New features include printing and export to HTML and Excel.
- Fixes a couple of problems with 0.9.0.0.
- The batch file was not launching the application properly on Windows 98 and Windows ME.
- Tasks with blank names were prohibiting additional tasks from being displayed.
- Our first version to directly support MPP files.